Freight & Shipping
At First Ray we endevour to dispatch orders daily using various carriers.
Orders received before 12:00pm on a business day are usually dispatched from our warehouse same day whilst orders received after 12:00pm will be sent the next business day.
Shipping time is roughly 1-14 business days depending on where you are located in Australia. Here’s a quick guide for your reference:
- Metro Melbourne / Sydney / Adelaide – 2-3 day
- Regional Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia – 2-3 days
- Brisbane & Gold Coast – 3-4 days
- Regional Queensland, Perth, Tasmania, Darwin – 5-14 days
If you have ordered online, you will receive an email from our shipping portal on dispatch. This email will contain your tracking number, so you can check on updates as your order makes it way to you.
All deliveries do require a signature on delivery, with the exception of residential addresses. We request ATL in a safe place as carriers charge excessive fees for *futile* attempts at delivering.
Minimum Order Value & Ordering on First Ray's Wholesale Portal
The minimum order value is $50.00.
When you are ready to checkout you will be given multiple freight options to choose from, please choose the one that best suits your needs.
To see what the freight free order value is please see the table below.
Free or Reasonable Shipping Costs.
Due to the ongoing rising costs of freight, we have had to make the business decision of charging for freight to many destinations which may have enjoyed free shipping.
What does this mean?
- The good news is that we won't need to increase our prices to cover the cost of freight which for some areas is eye watering.
- If your area is one that we are charged alot for, we have either increased the flat rate freight cost or charge the carriers 'live' rates
- Live rates are pulled from the carriers API minus the 'fuel levy', therefore we continue to subsidice the cost of freight.
- There are multiple options to choose from
- We are updating our freight map, so please bear with us. Below is a quick table to help naviagate any freight costs.
BN: If you are in one of the area's that it is not viable for free freight and would like to discuss freight options, please reach out to us as we can look at how we can make it viable for both companies :-)
If you have any questions please reach out to us orders[at]firstray.com.au
|FREIGHT THRESHOLDS AND PRICES 2023|
|State||Area||Free Freight Order Threshold||Freight Cost Under Threshold|
|Victoria||Melbourne / Metro||$300||$14.95|
|Victoria||Rest of Victoria||$400||$19.95|
|New South Wales||Sydney / ACT / Metro||$400||$19.95|
|New South Wales||Regional||$500||$25.95|
|South Australia||Adelaide / Metro||$400||$19.95|
|South Australia||Rest of South Australia||$500||$25.95|
|Queensland||Bundaberg / Gladstone / Rockhampton||$500||$34.95|
|Queensland||Cairns / Townsville||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
|Queensland||Rest of Queensland||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
|Tasmania||Hobart / Launceston Metro||$500||$29.95|
|Tasmania||Rest of Tasmania||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
|Western Australia||Perth / Metro||$800||$39.95|
|Western Australia||Rest of Western Australia||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
|Northern Territory||Darwin / Metro||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
|Northern Territory||Rest of Northern Territory||No Minimum||Live Rates / POA|
Now for some technical stuff
- Please note we generally do not accept “out of stock” lines towards the total value of your freight free threshold.
In todays world products are often seasonal or temporarily out of production due to various reasons. These factors are often beyond our control.
- Where possible we will advise you of any out of stocks so that you can top up your order to receive free freight however if this is something that is important to you, please note this on your order and will we definitely stay in touch.
- Remote Delivery or other surcharges passed on by the freight company may be payable by the customer.
* Freight charges may vary to the above table for various reasons, one being software limitation with postcodes, software glitches or outdated information. Whilst we endevour to have the correct freight information from time to time this does get outdated until we update it.