Our biochar and frass dream team are back and bigger than ever. This 3L pouch means you can start dishing those microbes out amongst your outdoor plant fam. Enough for the indoor crew, the balcony crew and that lifeless bed around the side of the house.
Can be stirred through new potting mix when repotting, or sprinkled around the root ball to bring life to old mixes. Also great to add to composts to speed up decomposition.
Here are a few reasons to add this double act to your Plant Care kit:
- You dont have to be rich but your soil should be. Frass holds about 240 million microbial colony forming units per gram. It holds up to 200 times more nutrients than worm castings or compost with more diversity of microbes too. They bring life to your potting mix by improving the structure of the soil and providing nutrients to your plants as they break down organic matter.
- Biochar keeps plants kicking through dry spells and overwatering. It boosts the capacity of soil to hold nutrients and water, complementing the richness of frass.
- Frass is full of mainstream and indie hits. On its own, it boasts a nitrogen-phosphorus-potassium (NPK) ratio of 4:2:2. But its still full of those underrated trace nutrients to help your plants flourish: iron, copper, zinc and so much more.
- Its got some good chitin; the insect exoskeletons that are a natural addition when making frass. This secret weapon activates your plants natural defences against pathogens, like the ones that cause root rot. It increases the availability of nitrogen to your plants.
Both are sustainably sourced, carbon-negative and Australian-made.
Separately, frass and biochar do good things. Together, theyre an iconic duo.
- Avoid breathing dust or mists, wear gloves and keep moist when handling. Wash hands after use
Biochar, Frass, Nitrogen 2.1%, Phosphorus .8%, Potassium 1.1%, Calcium 6.5%, Magnesium .7%, Sulfur 0.3%, Sodium 0.2%, Aluminium, Boron, Cobalt, Copper, Iron, Molybdenum, Manganese, Nickel , Selenium, Silicon, Zinc, Frass Bacteria and fungi cell count: 240 million colony forming units (CFU) per gram.
|Brand||The Plant Runner|
|Unit Of Measure||Pack|
The Plant Runner is on a mission to save your indoor plants from an untimely demise.
Created by self-proclaimed plant nerds, Duncan and Dominic, the founders of The Plant Runner have got green stuff running through their veins. Sure, they have the Latin names of plants down pat, but that doesnt mean a lot when you need to ensure your plants are flourishing, thriving and looking lusciously beautiful in your home.
You can easily keep your plants alive and thriving with the right tools, the right knowledge and the right brand and luckily, you can tick all three boxes with The Plant Runner range. Just watch your plants shine and their luscious green leaves wave at you, as you next walk past to have a little chat.
The Plant Runners Indoor Plant Food, Neem Oil Plant Shine and Microbe Booster are all proudly made in Melbourne, Australia. A 1% for the Planet member, The Plant Runner is committed to using sustainable ingredients, eco-friendly packaging and minimising waste. Using organic ingredients, a number of their indoor plant essentials are vegan friendly too.
Are you ready to save all your carefully selected indoor plants from a sad, slow and wilting death? You can get all your indoor plant care essentials right here, available wholesale at First Ray. Simply login to your account to go shopping or sign up for a wholesale account today. It only takes a few minutes and all First Ray products are available Australia wide. First Ray is your wholeheartedly organic, ethical and eco-friendly wholesaler and distributor. Proudly B Corp Certified, our brands are trusted, amazing and made by genuinely nice people.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other First Ray users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.