RECIPE: Vegan sausage and bean cassoulet
Date Posted:1 June 2023
Craving a wholesome and hearty meal that's not only delicious and organic, but also plant-based? Look no further! Try out this incredible recipe featuring Biona certified organic Baked Beans as the star ingredient. They really are the magical fruit!
1 red onion
4 garlic cloves
1 red pepper
6 sun-dried tomatoes in oil
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp tomato puree
2 tins (800ml) chopped tomatoes
350ml vegetable stock
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
2 bay leaves
2 jars (700g) Biona Organic Baked Beans
8 vegan sausages
1 small bunch fresh thyme, to garnish
4 baked jacket potatoes, to serve
- In a heavy bottom pan on medium heat add a tbsp of vegetable oil. Finely chop the onion and add to the pan.
- Crush the garlic and roughly chop the pepper into small pieces. Add to the pan, stir and let fry for a few minutes until the pepper has softened.
- Add chopped sundried tomatoes, dried thyme, smoked paprika and tomato puree. Stir and let cook for a minute.
- Next add the baked beans, chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, balsamic vinegar and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and leave for 20 minutes.
- Fry the sausages in a separate pan on medium heat according to packet instructions.
- After 20 minutes, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sausages to the stew and sprinkle over your fresh thyme leaves. Serve with the jacket potatoes and enjoy!
Whether you're a plant-based enthusiast or simply looking to try something new, this cassoulet recipe is a winner! Packed with protein, fiber, and natural goodness, it's a nutritious and satisfying meal option that the whole family will enjoy. First Ray are proud to be distributors of Biona Organic in Australia. Check out the whole Biona range today.
If you haven’t already, simply sign up for a wholesale account today to access our entire product range of organic, eco-friendly and sustainable goodies, as well as exclusive monthly promotions.